Get your Shipping Policies right for your e-shop
The way you handle the delivery of your products plays a critical role in deciding the conversion rate of your store. It plays a direct role in the shopping cart abandonment rate of your store. This is what a recent research paper from a large courier company concluded.
• While free and discounted shipping is a big benefit, there is more to online shopping and customer experience. In fact, many shoppers are willing to pay a nominal fee to receive the product faster if given an option.
• Shipping and delivery timing is important during the shopping cart check-out. To reduce shopping cart abandonment, your e-shop should show the shipping costs, or give consumers the option of shipping time frames.
• Customers are willing to wait for their packages, but need to know an estimated delivery time and they want e-mail or text alerts about their delivery.
• The customer need to feel in control. Options such as “special delivery instructions,” the ability to schedule a late delivery, or having a delivery window gives the
consumers the control they need to improve their shipping experience.
• Finally, good experiences with returning items lead to repeat customers and recommendations for the retailer. Good experiences are those that ensure ease for the consumer, while the bad experiences are the ones that highlight hassles and the extra cost.
To Offer Free Shipping
Irrespective of the business and cost implications, if you talk to your customers, they will tell you that they want free shipping.
For whatever reason, a free shipping offer that saves a customer money is more appealing.
If you still have to charge for shipping, make sure that you always mention the shipping costs up front. If you can afford to offer a flat fee, it will work best because it makes the buying decision much easier for the buyer.
Mobile commerce broke numerous records during the 2012 holiday shopping season and is well positioned for a repeat performance this year, thanks to the growing number of consumers who own a smartphone as well as increasingly sophisticated mobile retail strategies.
“Right now, we are seeing 17.7 percent in terms of percent of transactions coming from the mobile device,” said Dave Haucke a strategist at IBM Enterprise Marketing, Armonk, NY.
“Mobile E commerce is going to continue to grow this holiday season in terms of the transaction channel. That is good news, but it also means that it raises the stakes in terms of that customer experience because we are starting to see an increase in bounce rates and a decrease in time on site and pages visits.”
As consumers become more comfortable with their smartphones, their expectations grow and they become less tolerant of bad experiences.
This means that not only do retailers have to have a mobile site and application, but they need to make sure that the experience is truly optimized for mobile from start to finish. Additionally, mobile is helping to drive the trend toward earlier promotions as users begin their product research via their smartphones when they have a few minutes to spare. The Baynote report found that 30 percent of retailers will begin promotions prior to Oct. 1, while over 40 percent wait until early November.
Read the rest of the story here
Our Online E-commerce Services include:
- Keyword research to find the best keyword match domain for your e-shop.
- Domain registration, we also suggest the best keywords to use in your domains.
- Free e commerce hosting for one year.
- One full year 24×7 support via Skype.
- Support include teaching you to update and manage your e-store.
- We upload all your categories.
- We upload the first 30 products.
- Many E-commerce themes to choose from.
- Payment gateway integration for PayPal, PayFast, 2 Checkout, Monster Pay.
- Security and shopping cart upgrades.
- How to market your new e-commerce store.
- How to upload new products and process orders for your e-commerce shopping cart.
- Local shipping calculator for your e commerce shopping cart.
Custom E commerce Design
- Groupon Coupon Site.
- Dateing Site with a membership subscription payment.
- SMS Payment integration.
- Corporate CMS website design.
- Amazon Affiliate Store design, sell Amazon products and get a commission.
- Niche Video Membership Sites.
- Directory Listing Sites with membership subscription payment.
More info on our price for an e commerce store click here
Our Shopping Cart Software offers a lot of features, the standard features are listed here.
Please note that you can extend the functionality of your shopping cart using Plug-ins, Components,Templates and Modules to make them do what you require.
VirtueMart Shopping Cart integration setup with Joomla CMS
Complete e-commerce website plus commercial template of your choice plus 1 year free hosting
PayPal and Payfast or any other international payment gateway integration.
Free co.za or .com Domain Name.
Accept Credit Cards Debit Cards, EFT Transfers linked to your bank account Via Payfast and PayPal
Included is coaching how to update your own shop and edit your website via Skype
Shoppers can manage their User Accounts (registration required)
Shipping Address Management (Customers can enter their own Shipping Addresses)
Order History: Shopper can view all their previous Orders (and Order Details)
Order Confirmation Mail (customizable!) is sent to Shopper and Store Owner
Multiple Currencies (Customers can change the Currency and buy using an alternative Currency)
Multiple Languages (extra)
Product Catalog Features
Powerful Web-Administration Interface
Manages an unlimited Number of Products and Categories
Can be used as a Shop or just as an On line-Catalog
Quick Search for Products, Categories and Manufacturers
Product Ratings & Testimonials (moderated or auto-published)
Feature specific Products by setting them “on special”
Product Availability: show how fast a Customer can expect delivery
Handles down-loadable Products (virtual ebooks)
“Product is back in Stock”-Notification for subscribed Customers
Multiple Images and Files (like Spec Sheets and Flyers) per Product
Product Attributes (like Size or Color) can be added to Product
Product Types for Classification (like “Car”, “Motorbike” or “Music Album”)
Shopper Groups for Customers (allows different Price Levels and Payment Options),
Multiple Prices per Product (Quantity-based and/or Shopper Group-based Prices)
flexible Price Display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax)
On-the-Fly Price Conversion between different Currencies using Live Rates
Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a Summary of new Customers, new Orders
Stock Level Control for Products and Item
Order Management with Order History, Customer Notification and Order Edit Functionality
Basic Reporting Feature: sold Items, monthly and yearly Revenue
Order Status Management
Manage different Currencies, Countries & States
Capable of live Credit Card Processing:
Pre-defined Payment Gateways like authorize.net®, PayPal , PayFast, Setcom, 2CO plus more.
Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration
- Extend your Shop with custom designed delivery calculationNo Hosting fees for the first year
- Full support
- Free domain registration
- Free updates
- Coaching to load your own products
- Free integration into Payment Gateway
60 Day Money Back Guarantee!
Price of an e-store
Our eCommerce Store include:
We are a one stop shop we setup your complete e-shop:
Dedicated free hosting for the first year
We teach you via Skype how to update your own store and all the administration of changing prices, uploading new products.
Integrate your website to a payment gateway for automatic payment processing
Our web store integrate with online payment gateways. Subscribing to these third party online credit card payment gateways save you the trouble of applying for an Internet merchant account from your respective bank which can consist of a lot of red tape and a pile documentation, subject to strict terms and conditions and hard to get approval. To save your time and resources on choosing the right third party online credit card or EFT payment gateways for your company, we have compile a comparison chart of selected major credit card payment gateways and some gateways that hold a PayPal business merchant account. This is good news for individuals that would like to accept credit cards and PayPal from their websites.
We make it easy for you to sell your products or services online with Joomla CMS and Virtuemart shopping cart software.
- Capable of live Credit Card and EFT Processing via Payment Gateway
- Payment Gateways PayPal or PayFast.co.za
- Extend your Shop with other Payment Gateways
* Extend your E-commerce store with a custom shipping/delivery calculator
eCommerce store price